Friday, November 27, 2009

Vista, Internet Explorer 7, certificate errors on Yahoo?

Man, Microsoft really did screwed the pooch when they changed the security settings on Vista and Internet Explorer 7! I'm noticing a lot more "This organization's certificate has been revoked." then closes the page, and it's driving me mad!



It's even happening on Yahoo Mail where I can log in at work using IE7 with Windows XP Pro, but I can't do so at home with Vista Ultimate on my HP laptop!



Microsoft solution? "It is also possible that the website's certificate has expired and the owner or operator needs to renew the certificate in order to continue using it."



Isn't that nice of them to tell us that so we have to tell Yahoo to renew it. OH WAIT!!! I CAN'T!! Every time I try to log in on Yahoo, their certification HAS BEEN REVOKED AND CLOSES THE WINDOW!!!



I'm not a real big fan of Firefox, but I've been using it lately because of these errors.



There's got a to be a way to override it so I can continue on the page instead of closing down IE. Has anyone found one??



Vista, Internet Explorer 7, certificate errors on Yahoo?microsoft excel



Hello



Thank you for your concern and for bringing this error to The Yahoo Networks attention. Yahoo try to deliver the best service available and I am sorry to hear that you have had trouble accessing the Yahoo network.



This question has been forwarded to Yahoo Staff members purely to bring awareness to the situation.



While you will not be contacted with any formal response or solution, we can try fix the solution to provide a better service.



I advise that you contact Yahoo here:



advoc@yahoo-inc.com



Or email them a help form directly here:



http://help.yahoo.com/help/uk/mail/



I hope this helps



Moose



Vista, Internet Explorer 7, certificate errors on Yahoo?microsoft updates internet explorerThe problem is seemingly caused by an incompatibility between IE and Norton security products. If u use Norton 360, turn the transaction security off on 360. Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin