Friday, November 27, 2009

How do I avoid errors in Internet Explorer when using xsl and xml and the xsl is not where it should

I am using an XSL file to format an xml document. The idea is that the two files will be in the same directory and when the user double clicks on the .xml file it will be displayed nicely in Internet Explorer. The problem is that if Internet Explorer can't find the .xsl file it shows an error and won't display the xml file. Is there anyway that I can get it to display the xml file like it normally does if you don't have a stylesheet associated with it if it does not find the .xsl file instead of displaying the error message?



How do I avoid errors in Internet Explorer when using xsl and xml and the xsl is not where it should be?windows installer



I don't think it is a bug. If an xml file uses an xsl file, it is reported by IE because the display would not be as expected by the xml author. I am not aware of any way to supress this error.



How do I avoid errors in Internet Explorer when using xsl and xml and the xsl is not where it should be?microsoft vista internet explorer



Well, IE has way too many problems for trying to fix this and stay sane at the same time.



When IE7, hopefully such bugs as this will be fixed.



As I web designer, I understand you want your site to look great in all browsers...and I strive to do the very same thing, myself...



But there comes a time when you have to either say "sorry, IE users, this site wont work for you" or, go back to the drawing board.



Sorry I couldn't have been more help...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin